Thursday, November 7, 2013

Blast from the Past #661: Sketchbook page 4, ideas for Foot soldiers


Here's the fourth page of the sketchbook, which features some loosely-penciled sketches of ideas for the soldiers of the Foot ninja clan.




I wrote:

"Every new Foot soldier has a third eye ("the Eye of Karai") which is a video transceiver device that constantly relays data back to Karai's central processing computer."

Apparently, I was thinking that a tech upgrade to the Foot would be appropriate… something that, in a different way, eventually came to pass in the 2003 4Kids TMNT animated series.

Further down the page, I wrote:

"Flying Foot soldier"

… next to a small doodle of a Foot ninja with some kind of pop-out winglets at arm, waist, and calf. I don't recall going any further with this idea, but I kind of like it. From the way it is drawn, I suspect I intended them to be gliders rather than powered flyers. -- PL

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Did you plan on giving Karai herself some tech upgrades?

    Also, have you seen the first season of the new TMNT series? I would be very interested in knowing your thoughts on it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Very cool! Did you plan on giving Karai herself some tech upgrades?"

      Probably -- I don't specifically remember doing that, but it would seem to follow with this direction I was exploring.

      "Also, have you seen the first season of the new TMNT series? I would be very interested in knowing your thoughts on it."

      Months ago, I watched the first episode -- or most of it, anyway -- online, and with various delays and freezes caused by an intermittent high-speed Internet connection, the experience was not a lot of fun. So I decided that I would wait until the first season was released on DVD, so I could watch the whole thing on my TV with no interruptions. As far as I know, it has not as yet been released in this form. -- PL

      Delete