Saturday, September 27, 2008

Blast from the Past #16 repost: Wistariahurst Museum "The Art of Mirage Studios" show poster

In the summer of 1988, we had the great pleasure of having the work of the Mirage Studios artists of that time -- Michael Dooney, Eric Talbot, Jim Lawson, Steve Lavigne, Ryan Brown, Kevin Eastman, and me -- showcased in a wonderful exhibit at the Wistariahurst Museum in Holyoke, MA (just down the road from Northampton). It was a lot of fun, and this is the poster from the event (with an image by Jim Lawson and Ryan Brown) -- signed by all of the exhibiting artists.



Hmm... I wonder if anyone took any photos of the event? I can't recall seeing any. It's kind of startling to think that this happened twenty years ago! Damn, I'm old... -- PL

P.S. If you're interested, more information about the museum can be found at:

http://www.wistariahurst.org/

5 comments:

  1. -->> YESS YESS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS .. another nice big - arse scan !!
    YESS !!

    .. gotta look on EBAY,Baby !!

    >v<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that museum... too bad I was three years old at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was just a little bit before I discovered the turtles about 90-91. Wish I could have been there. I wish another meusem would do a mirage show...

    ReplyDelete