Sunday, March 11, 2012

Odd coincidence department #2

Spam -- unwanted, unsolicited -- is one of the biggest annoyances of life with email... but occasionally the waves of crap toss up an mildly amusing bit of flotsam.

Such a thing arrived in my email inbox a few days ago -- an offer for the drug Propecia -- sent to me by none other than...

... the Fugitoid!




Well... not really... but it did come from a "Dr. Huneycut"...

"From: DR. Huneycutt
Date: Sat, Mar 10, 2012 10:35 am
greetings my darling
get freee propecia pr0ffessional suuper
Greyson Huneycutt"


... and that's not TOO far off from "Professor Honeycutt", the name of the scientist whose mind was trapped in a robot body and became the Fugitoid.

Like I said -- mildly amusing. -- PL

9 comments:

  1. You know, I kind of wonder why the Fugitoid, never appeared in the old cartoon. He seemed like he would fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm just glad he played a big part in the 2K3 series. -- PL

      Delete
  2. Too bad this guy in the picture is not articulated. I really liked the 2003 series Fugitoid figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right -- it would be nice if this figure was articulated.

      On the other hand, it IS an essentially EXACT replication of a specific pose from the original "Fugitoid" comic book... AND it is vacuum-metalized, something I begged Playmates to do for many years. -- PL

      Delete
  3. It's code, Peter! He's trying to email himself to you (like he sent himself to Don's phone in the 4Kids show).

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny and curious!! :) I love Professor Honeycutt(aka the Fugitoid) Oh Dear!! as he used to said in the show.

      Delete
    2. That could be fun. -- PL

      Delete
  4. Did you take that picture? Is that your reflection in the Fugitoid's body? It's pretty cool!
    -M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did take that photo... and it is me reflected in the 'Toid's shiny bod. -- PL

      Delete