Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Blast from the Past #701: Sketchbook page 46, even more ideas for the proposed "fifth Turtle"


What the heck am I doing, posting another page of this stuff on Christmas morning? I should be relaxing with a cup of tea, staring at our Christmas tree or something.

Oh, well...




Here on page 46 of the sketchbook, I drew some more concepts for the look of the proposed "fifth Turtle". There's another "Predator"-inspired one, and a couple of "Alien"-inspired heads.

Weird. -- PL

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thank you for posting all your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris, and the same to you and yours! -- PL

      Delete
  2. I want to give you a present! One of my favourite characters from the Adventures of TMNT comic. I don't know if you are the creator of this character, but I love all the TMNT series. I hope you like it: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-r0ccaG_Gb0Q/UruVVsv3hiI/AAAAAAAABYE/jxd9K_V9z5o/s1600/Canalla+Atroz.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice drawing! I am almost positive that I had nothing to do with the creation of this character. -- PL

      Delete
  3. I like the sideways Aliens head.
    Predator is one of my favourite movies so it's cool seeing it joined with a Ninja Turtle. I actually think that may have worked as a 5th turtle.

    Did you know if TMNT would be a success before you first published it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Did you know if TMNT would be a success before you first published it?"

      Not even remotely. The publication of that first issue was a shot in the dark by two young guys who just wanted to have a comic book to call their own. -- PL

      Delete