Monday, December 15, 2008

Blast from the Past #51 repost: Bulldog Mutant

As previously glimpsed in Blast#49 piloting the Exoskeleton, this is the bulldog mutant (who was never given a name, as far as I can recall) which Kevin and I worked up for Playmates when they were looking for ideas for animal mutants to be the Shredder's minions in the first year of the toy line.





I know I penciled the top drawing, and I'm pretty sure I penciled the bottom one too, which Kevin inked. It's too bad this character never made it to the toy shelves -- I think he would have been very cool! -- PL

7 comments:

  1. He kinda reminds me of the Moblins from Legend of Zelda, only a bit more Asian and a bit more tech. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that the robotic nunchuck weapon still found it's way in the line via Metalhead the following year. Interesting to see where it originated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's weird to think this guy could have been in replacement or addition to Bebop and Rocksteady. I like him, I think one day you guys should work him into a story just to make him official. *shrugs* Maybe he could be a featured villain character in a new TMNT adventures ongoing comic published by Mirage? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah Goon! He does look like an asian moblin a little. I havent thought anything Zelda in YEARS!

    He;s a pretty rough looking dude, I wouldnt want to run into him in an ally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's still a chance, Mr. Laird! Resubmit this to Playmates and see if it get made!

    ~Rev. Steven

    ReplyDelete
  6. -->> interesting point on M.H. , Adam ..
    >v<

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think he'd fit right in to the Usagi universe perfectly. But he does look cool

    ReplyDelete