Friday, August 8, 2014

ThinkGeek.com celebrates Turtles



I just noticed tonight that one of my favorite nerdgear websites, ThinkGeek.com, is celebrating the TMNT with a special offer which will result in certain lucky folks getting free pizza (well, actually, vouchers for that hot and cheesy stuff).

Check it out at this page!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/blog/2014/08/cowabunga-dude-come-celebrate.html?cpg=64537672&msg_id=64537672&et_rid=963829751&linkid=64537672_headline_1f88#comment-form

Very cool, ThinkGeek dudes (and dudettes) -- thanks! -- PL

3 comments:

  1. I hate to repost this here since it is irrelevant to the post, but I'm afraid that this may be the only way you might see it and I'm pretty sure I have a general answer to #2 due to some comments you made in Turtle Tracks, but:Mr Laird,
    I have two questions concerning Vol. 4:
    1. Is there a digital copy of issue 30? I can't seem to find a printed copy nor a digital scan on your blog.
    2. I noticed the switch between the duo-shade paper previously used in Mirage Vol. 1 and the first 9 (or 8?) issues of Vol. 4 to the other methods of showing gradients and shades that are currently used; was this due to the fact that you were running low on the paper, as it is no longer in production or was it simply a stylistic choice? Or am I incorrect about the whole thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1.) Go here:

      http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/2014/08/tmnt-volume-4-30.html

      2.) The switch from doing the grey tones on the Graphix Duo-Shade paper to doing them with Photoshop had two main impetuses -- first, I felt that the Duo-Shade approach was simply taking too long (at least at the speed with which I was capable of working); and second, after Eric Talbot showed me the technique of creating dot-pattern screens from grey scale images, I became really intrigued by using this technique to do tones on the Volume 4 artwork. Of course, the unavailability of new stock of the Graphic Duo-Shade paper played a part, too. -- PL

      Delete